Set up your SAP SuccessFactors integration
💡Why should I learn this? In just a few clicks, Hireguide integrates with SuccessFactors to streamline your hiring workflow. Hireguide imports job, interview, and candidate details from SuccessFactors for a seamless hiring experience.
IN THIS ARTICLE
🪄 To set up a Hireguide <> SuccessFactors integration, you need to be an Owner of your Hireguide workspace.
Step 1: Retrieve your SuccessFactor API Server URL
- You can find your SAP SuccessFactors API Server URL by visiting this link.
- In the listed API Server URLs, search for the environment that matches your subdomain. For example, if your domain was https://salesdemo4.successfactors.com, search for salesdemo4.
- Copy the entire URL and save it somewhere; you will need it again in Step 4
Step 2: Retrieve your SAP SuccessFactors Company ID
- Log into SAP SuccessFactors with your Username
- To find your Company ID:
- Hover over your profile photo in the upper right to display the dropdown
- The username in the parenthesis next to your name is your username
- Click Show Version Information
- A modal will appear with your Company ID
- Copy and save your Company ID, you will need it in Step 4
Step 3: Retrieve your SAP SuccessFactors Client ID and Secret
- In your Admin Center, go to Tools, and search Manage OAuth2 Client Applications (If your page looks different, search for Manage OAuth2Client Applications in the search tool on your homepage)
- Click Register Client Application
- Fill out Application Name & Application URL (what actually goes in these fields is not important, except that the URL must begin with https://)
- Click Generate X.509 Certificate.
- Fill out Common Name (name doesn't matter) and hit Generate.
- Once the certificate populates, download and save it. You will have downloaded a file called Certificate.pem.
- Click Register
- Back on your Manage OAuth2 Client Applications, go to the application you just created and click Edit
- You will now see an API key listed - this is your Client ID. Copy and save this Key
- Open up the "Certificate.pem" file that you downloaded previously in a text editor. The string between ——BEGIN ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY——- and —-END ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY——- is your Client Secret.
- Copy and save the Client Secret, you will need it in Step 4
Step 4: Enter your SuccessFactors information in Hireguide
After you generate the API key in SuccessFactors, sign into Hireguide
- In the navigation bar on the left side of your screen, click Settings > Workspace
- Find and select the ATS Integrations tab in the toolbar at the top of the page
- Click + Add Integration in the top right corner of the screen, and a modal will appear with a list of ATSs
- Find and select SuccessFactors from the list
- Click Continue in the next modal to give Hireguide access to your SuccessFactors company account
- Follow the prompts in each modal to enter the information you retrieved in steps 1, 2, and 3
- Click Submit
That’s it! Hireguide will begin syncing with SuccessFactors and may take a few hours to complete. Hireguide will send you an email when the integration is successful, and your SuccessFactors HRIS will appear in your Hireguide ATS Integrations page (see example below).