Set up your Bamboo HR integration
💡Why should I learn this? In just a few clicks, Hireguide integrates with BambooHR to streamline your hiring workflow. Hireguide imports job and candidate details from BambooHR for a seamless hiring experience.
IN THIS ARTICLE
🪄 To set up a Hireguide <> BambooHR integration, you need to be an Admin in your company account and an Owner in your Hireguide workspace. In your BambooHR Workspace, if you are using a Custom Access Level see this article on how to enable sufficient access for Basic User Provisioning to successfully set up the integration for your company.
Step 1: Find your API key in BambooHR
To generate an API key in BambooHR:
- Sign in to BambooHR and click your name in the upper-right to show the dropdown menu.
- Visit API Keys in the menu.
- Click Add New Key in the upper-left.
- Add a name and press Generate Key.
- Copy the API key and save it somewhere (you will need it later to enter in Hireguide)
Step 2: Add your BambooHR subdomain and API key to Hireguide
After you generate the API key in your ATS, sign into Hireguide
- In the navigation bar on the left side of your screen, click Settings > Workspace
- Find and select the ATS Integrations tab in the toolbar at the top of the page
- Click + Add Integration in the top right corner of the screen, and a modal will appear with a list of ATSs
- Find and select BambooHR from the list
- Choose how you would like to authenticate (either via the BambooHR website or with the API Key)
- Click Continue in the next modal to give Hireguide access to your BambooHR company account
- Enter your BambooHR subdomain and click submit
- Enter your BambooHR API key when prompted in the next modal
- Click Submit
That’s it! Hireguide will begin syncing with BambooHR and may take a few hours to complete. Hireguide will send you an email when the integration is successful, and your ATS will appear in your Hireguide ATS Integrations page (see example below).
Note on Integrations with BambooHR and non-Full Admin Access Levels:
- For those with Employee Access Level:
- After linking, you will only be able to view details specific to your own profile
- There will be an empty Employee record for your manager
- For those with Manager Access Level:
- After linking, you will only be able to view details specific to your profile and only your indirect and direct reports
- For those with Custom Access Level:
- Set your Access Level to view "All Employees", otherwise the data synced will be altered and result in empty employee records
- Allow View Access to information you would want to be synced
- Allow Access to view your section as well to ensure your record is also synced